Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wikis for Classroom Use

After reading about Wikis I discovered that they are very interesting and can be very helpful for someone who is doing research or just a great source for general information. Personally, I am going to be a health and physical educator so wikis will not be prevelant among my lessons. However, I can easily see how someone would choose to incorporate a wiki into their curriculum and their lesson plans. The main aspect I noticed while reading was how wikis are so good with teambuilding and class cooperation. For example; an English teacher can post an essay onto a wiki and the class could cooperate to edit and proofread it. I also read that wikis are great for students doing group work to keep an online journal of work they have done together. I guess I could somehow use a wiki for one of my health classes. I could post an example of a fitness goal and have the class cooperate to build a diet to meet the goal. The opportunities are endless these days with technology it seems.

No comments: