Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What is media?

It seems as if media is taking this generation of teaching by storm. There are so many different forms of media in the world today that are being used in the classroom. I remember when i thought it was really cool to see the white, dry-erase boards put into the classroom. Now we have powerpoints and smart boards. Who knows what we'll have in the next couple of years the way technology in the classroom is growing.
Honestly, i never thought that much about media and how i could use it in the classroom. I knew i wanted to use powerpoint and of course the faithful dry-erase board, but i never thoought outside the box. I read some of an article on digital video in the classroom and figured that it would be a great idea for my field of teaching. I am going to be health and fitness teacher, and digital video would be great for this. I could possibly have my students tape their workout routines for class among other things pertaining to the subject. The article states that it is hard work and alot of responsibility for the students to complete these projects. It is also something the students would enjoy.

No comments: